Help from the Vault Edit
I thought I should reply here.
This wiki looks really good for being just an hour old.
The first thing that you should focus on is what you're doing now, creating pages and adding content.
The next step would be, changing the appearance of the wiki to fit the subject (i.e. Changing the skin and choosing the right color scheme). I have some useful links on editing the skin here.
- I'm not an admin yet, you would have to change my access level, but that can wait.
- First I'd like to find a nice Favicon, and check out some other stuff. --Anon (Talk) 09:55, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
I think we should create an infobox template for the peppers, but I don't know what info it should include.
Image = Image here Name = Name of the pepper Scoville Scale = # on the scale Color = ?? Shape = ??
Sample page Edit
I'm currently trying out different looks for this wiki, check out this sample page to see what I just brewed up. I'm gonna try a couple of different, so I'll let you know when I make a new one.
- I'm just a beginner at this stuff my self, compared to other users, but I'm getting better at it every day :)
- I'm going to be offline for a while, when I come back I'll try to make a different look. --Anon (Talk) 21:01, June 17, 2010 (UTC)
New theme Edit
Hey, I just created a more mellow theme which would fit the growing aspect of this wiki, check it out here.
This theme is much more customized and almost every individual little thing can be changed and adjusted, so if you'd like to change something it would take just a couple of minutes.
- I'm really glad you like it. I'm going to implement it right now along with the new infobox template.
- If you have any questions or need something done, then feel free to ask, I'm always happy to help :) --Anon (Talk) 22:18, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
Main page Edit
- Haha, I already found the the script for it, but it doesn't want work on my test wiki. I'll try until I can get it right.
- If I can't get it to work, then I'll wait until Porter acts on this forum, which concerns the same thing :) --Anon (Talk) 05:20, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Thats true, there's a lot of clever vandals out there, and they always have something funny to say. --Anon (Talk) 07:46, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
You can change the time stamp in your preference > Date and Time. I've got it set to eastern time but apparently it doesn't work as I'm still seeing (21:00), it worked before. --Anon (Talk) 21:01, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry, I went offline for a while. I just realized that the time only changes in the recent changes and while viewing revisions, but the time stamp that goes with the signature stays the same. That's what sleep deprivation does to me :P --Anon (Talk) 23:27, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Back Edit
I've been pretty busy lately myself. Also you don't have to worry about making new pages they will come in the future, what we need here is more good editors.
- I've had my Xbox for almost four years now and still no red-ring, I think that if you kick the console out of frustration every 6 months or so, then that prevents it from braking. This doesn't work with joysticks though, as I've gone through 10 of those :D --Anon (Talk) 01:20, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Finally got it. I couldn't figure out how to make 'My Home' fixed-width my self so I posted a forum on central and they helped me out. Sorry it took so long :) --Anon talk 00:54, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
I'm currently replaying Oblivion, heaven't played it in more then a year, I never realized realized how buggy it is :P
I'm gonna be away for about two weeks pretty soon (not sure when yet), not sure if I'll have internet there but I don't think so. So I might just disappear from wiki one day without a word :) --Anon talk 03:59, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
Haha, I'm not an admin there yet, but I had a couple of people suggesting I request adminship in the past, just look at my talk page :)
I've got rollback there, and for now that's all I need. I might however make a request just before New Vegas comes out, but that depends on how active I am prior to the release and on how many inactive admins come back from their 'vacation'.
RE: Hello Edit
I've been working in upstate New York for about a month, I had a week off but it was really busy. I'm going back up there in about 20 minutes, so good luck on your adminship request, you will make a great admin. I'll talk to you when I get back. --Anon talk 20:46, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
I'm back Edit
What suggestions do you have in mind?
- The work itself was okay (instilling and finishing hardwood floors all by my lonesome), but the conditions that I lived in were terrible, bad food, no TV, no internet, no cellphone reception, just my laptop, a bunch of DVDs and a couple things to read. Fortunately I survived and lost some weight in the process. :D
- I don't know when I'll be coming back to the Vault as a regular editor, probably won't be until New Vegas comes out. After I come back I might post an admin request but I think I'll need to be active for at least a month or two before I do so.
- By "condense the format" do you mean to make everything fixed-width (like the Main Page), rounded edges, both or something completely different? :) --Anon talk 20:23, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I've worked in construction ever since I was 16, I get a good workout and the pay is good. Also somehow I can't imagine myself working in a store or doing deliveries. :) School's starting in 2 days so I'll probably work weekends.
- I'll scan the Vault's MediaWiki pages and see what I can dig out.
- I also can't wait for New Vegas, but I think I'll order it online and wait until it comes, when I ordered Fallout 3 GOTY it came 2 days before its release, so maybe I'll get lucky again :D --Anon talk 01:17, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Haha, I've gotten into construction because of my mother, she got me a job in her friend's husband's company hoping that I won't like it and start studying more, well that didn't work :)
- I might not get on to the scanning the vault and customizing this wiki for a couple of days, because I just activated the achievement scoring system on another wiki that I run and it needs a lot of customization and policing, also I'm starting school tomorrow and don't know how much work I'll have on my shoulders. Once I get everything sorted out, I will get to work on the condensing :D --Anon talk 18:51, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- It's better to stay away from those things, I know because I used to smoke and it was really hard to quit, I also have a friend he was beginning to get addicted to alcohol! Fortunately he realized what was happening and just stopped drinking all together. I did some drugs but never hardcore and never on regular basis, just pot and ecstasy (haven't used any of those for more then a year). And I honestly think that it's all just a waste of time and money.
- Beer is still good :D --Anon talk 19:53, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Beer at a stadium or a race track tastes much better then a regular beer, even though it's much more expensive :) Madison Square Garden beer costs $7 (I don't know about the Yankee Stadium) while if you want to get a beer during the Canadian F1 GP you'll have to shell out C$10, IT'S MADNESS!! But those occasions do make great father son moments :) --Anon talk 20:07, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I think it's still worth it. I'm a huge Formula 1 fan and when I went to Canada in mid July, it cost me more then $1000 for a three day weekend, so spending 60 bucks on beer doesn't seem so bad :)
- Also Montreal is a great city to visit, there's no crime there! --Anon talk 20:18, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I've got both Speed and BBC America as well as a DVR, so I'm currently watching the things I missed during the last 5 weeks, that's 10 Top Gear episodes and 2 races, and since I watch all of the race, practice and qualifying included, it adds up to 7-8 hours per Gran Prix. It will take me at least 2 weeks to watch it all :) --Anon talk 20:34, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- For me it's just as much about the track as it is about a driver or a team (My favorites; Nurburgring Nordschleife, Silverstone, Spa Francorchamps, Monaco, Monza and Laguna Seca). But I do sometimes watch NASCAR and NHRA, just because I love all cars (well, most cars). --Anon talk 21:01, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
Skin changes Edit
It did take me a long time, but it was really easy. :)
I rounded the edges for the borders and made everything "fixed width".
- Nah, it was easy. The only hard part was finding the codes, and then getting them to work. The current MediaWiki:Monaco.css has too much scripts on it, so the ones at the end don't always work as they should, I'll try to clean it up once I have a little spare time.
- Remember me saying that that I've never had to deal with the "ring of death" on my xbox 360. Well, I just got it :D --Anon talk 00:27, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
- If you get into it, then you'll see that it's not that hard. Just look at Porter, he had no experience when he started and look at his skills now, it's amazing!
Photo Request Edit
Hi, I am a graphic designer at a food company and am interested in using your jalapeno photo for one of our package designs. Please let me know if we can purchase this royalty free. Thanks, Shani 220.127.116.11 20:26, August 22, 2012 (UTC)